Thursday 17 December 2009

Slow Roasted Shoulder of Lamb

Slow Roasted Shoulder of Lamb - Sunday Dinner

A Sunday dinner of roasted shoulder of lamb rubbed with a paste made with garlic, rosemary, anchovies, English mustard and olive oil. Slow roasted on low heat for a good 4-5 hours. Served with gravy made from the pan juices and red wine, steamed broccoli and green beans and oddly, for a roast, steamed rice. You can take the girl out of Asia but ....

Triffle - Sunday Evening Dessert

For dessert, trifle topped with hundreds and thousands - just for Stuart who was all miserable because he was just told his broken ankle will have to stay in a cast for 6 weeks. I admit I thoroughly cheated on the trifle. The cake were the last of the madelines I had brought back from my trip to Switzerland, the custard came from Sainbury's Taste the Difference range - all lovely and creamy with those beautiful speck of vanilla and the jelly came from a packet I packet I picked up from the supermarket. No booze. I rarely keep alcohol in the flat unless it's chocolate liqueur or wine or beer or ... you get the idea.

Stuart's all better now. His cast came off two weeks ago and he's limped his way round London since. I'm off cooking duty for now - woohoo! Note the lack of posts recently - boo ... but I'm sure I'll find other beautiful bits of food to blog about :)

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

That paste for basting sounds wonderful as did the raost and gravy!!

Luscious Temptations said...

Kevin - It's my no fail method for no fail yummy roast lamb. More exciting than just the usual salt and pepper. Who would have thought anchovies would work so well? :)