Tuesday 25 March 2008

Weekend Baking


The long Easter weekend had finally come. I have to admit I had looked forward to it for a long, long time. Work was getting to be a bit of a drag and was I ever so happy to get 4 days worth of sleep. Yay! Sometimes I do think I love my sleep more than my food *shock horror*.

But by Saturday I had enough of the sofa and watching 6 hours non-stop of the very delectable Colin Firth as Mr Darcy. So out I went to John Lewis to buy myself a muffin tray ... a nice deep dish American muffin tray. But alas all I found were little bun trays ... it will have to do. As this baking was more spur of the moment, which did indeed include a long trip out to buy the tray, I didn't seem to bother too much with the recipe. These banana muffins with a crumble topping aren't the best ever so I won't even bother with the recipe but they do look quite pretty :) The little cakes in the background of the picture above are fairy cakes but they were too egg-y. Perhaps the custard powder in the recipe was a mistake? Another baking session is called for I think to iron out the kinks of this session. Soon, very soon.

No comments: