Thursday 3 July 2008

Temples Galore - Cambodia part 3

Angkor Wat at sunset, on a slightly overcast evening

What would a visit to Siem Reap be without a few temples thrown in? To be honest, I didn't read up on anything before leaving on this trip, which I usually do - I liked to be prepared. But I wasn't the tour guide as I usually am when I go away with Stuart so even now, weeks later, I am still a little clueless on what a few of these temples are. They are terribly beautiful, photograph amazingly well and I was definitely in awe :)

Early morning, Angkor Wat

Bayon - beautifully chaotic architecture

Bayon - of many faces

Banteay Srey - pink is for girls! -"Citadel of the Women"

Ta Prohm - of ancient trees

Ta Prohm - entrance to ancient Khmer civilization

Banteay Kdei - across the moat to the inner sanctuary

Banteay Kdei - inner sanctuary

Angkor Wat in the distance - as the crowds ascend Phnom Bakheng for sunset - no such luck -rain!

No comments: