Wednesday 18 March 2009

Berrylicious

Coffee Flavoured Digestives with Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt, Whole Blueberries and Blueberry Coulis

I finally got down to making my own chocolate truffles :) It went down a treat with Stuart and everyone at work, which was lovely - but more on that in the next post. I found photos of this quick dessert I put together ages ago but forgot to post.

I had bought a little punnet of blueberries - I'm always hopeful that batch will turn out to be the batch of lovely blueberries I've been waiting years to buy. Alas, it was as dry and tasteless as the rest. So the little punnet had been sitting in the fridge getting drier but no less tasteless.

Coffee Flavoured Digestives with Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt, Whole Blueberries and Blueberry Coulis

A need for dessert one evening found me pulling the berries out of the fridge, along with some raspberry swirl frozen yogurt and some digestive biscuits that had been sharing tin space with some Ethiopian coffee. The biscuits had taken on a lovely coffee flavour (I didn't do it on purpose ... just a very happy coincidence:), which I topped with some raspberry swirl frozen yogurt. A few of the blueberries were studded on top of the yogurt and the rest I whizzed up with some icing sugar for a blueberry coulis.

The result was really quite good. The coffee flavoured biscuits were surprisingly good and went well with the fresher tastes of be The blueberries definitely tasted better with the frozen yogurt and biscuits. And all it took was a little sugar and a touch of lemon juice to ensure that the coulis was pretty darn delicious.

No comments: