Thursday 8 October 2009

Lunch in the Sun

I've been such a grouch lately. Mainly because the weather has been turning and autumn has always been a real downer season for me. It conjures up images of having to return to school after 3 glorious months of doing absolutely nothing at home. Ergh ....

Smoked Salmon and Tomato Fritata with a Strawberry Smoothie - Saturday Lunch

I grabbed my last chance of lunch in the warm sunshine at the weekend and actually sat on my balcony with a plate balanced on my lap. I must admit I have NEVER eaten on my balcony before. It must be one of those crazy things the sun does to us.

Smoked Salmon and Tomato Fritata with a Strawberry Smoothie - Saturday Lunch

Lunch consisted of a 2 egg frittata topped with smoked salmon (the very un-posh itty-bitty stuff that comes in wee packets - yup the bit that gets sliced off the beautiful long slices that go for astronomical amounts), sweet cherry tomatoes, mangetout, sliced chili and mature cheddar. A very strange combination indeed but tasty. Heck ... anything that has melted oozy cheese over it is good! Washed down with a banana and strawberry smoothie.

No comments: