Sunday 17 August 2008

Nan's Cheese Savoury


Stuart's been wanting to make his Nan's cheese savoury for ages but I've always been a little hesitant. Probably because I always imagine it to be greasy and stodgy (if any of his previous attempts to feed me are anything to go by) but this dish was really delicious. There really isn't anything that goes in it to dislike. Layers of blanched sliced potato with softened onion, bacon and topped with cheese. Baked in the oven for a good 45 minutes to an hour. This is real comfort food for a cold evening, when you're tucked up on the sofa watching something mindless on the telly. I must admit this wouldn't be my ultimate comfort food, now that would be nice steaming bowl of chicken soup, but I so enjoyed this I went back for seconds....and thirds.


No comments: