Wednesday 13 August 2008

You Can't Go Wrong with a Ham Sandwich

In my book, there's nothing better than a good ham sandwich (not including a fried Spam and cucumber sandwich, of course - that is the king of sandwiches! :) Add some salad to the ham and it becomes an even better tasting sandwich.


Pret A Manger does a pretty mean Dry-Cured Ham and Greve Baguette with salad and a good smear of mustard mayonnaise. Look closely - the ham even looks like the real thing :) I'm quite partial to this sandwich (even with the cheese, which I would happily do without) but....


...... another sandwich I quite like from Pret is the Dry-Cured Ham and Eggs Bloomer. I love the layers of ham and even in my slight distaste for boiled eggs, I must admit they paired very well with the meat. Ham and eggs is after all a classic.


A newly discovered favourite - Red Pepper and Goats Cheese Soup. I've never liked the thought of goats cheese very much (hence the reason why I had never got round to trying any), even less so in a soup but this is rather yummy. The soup fills the tummy without being too heavy with a nice blend of red peppers and onion. The goats cheese lends a slight creaminess and salty tang. Very enjoyable indeed.

No comments: