Tuesday 29 March 2011

Tea and Biscuits - London Review Cake Shop

Keemun Mao Feng Tea and Polenta & Lavender Cookie - London Review Cake Shop

Tea time - that most time honoured of English traditions. For me it's the great escape from the office when the lull of the dreaded lull of the afternoon sets in and the tummy is grumbling that the puny amount of leftovers from the night before was insufficient to see it through to an 8PM dinner. Sometimes I head to Sainsbury's and cheat myself into thinking some pre-cut fruit will be good for me (along with a chocolate bar or two), sometimes it's Starbucks and other times for a little injection of intellectualism it has to be the London Review Bookshop.

Polenta & Lavender Cookie - London Review Cake Shop

The London Review Bookshop is a great little place behind the British Museum, brilliant for browsing and keeping yourself to yourself with lovely whiffs of that delicious scent of books. Adjacent to the bookshop is the London Review Cake Shop selling lovely tea and cake in a woefully tiny bit of space. Today I had a pot of Keemun Mao Feng (described as black tea with sweet orchid notes) and a polenta and lavender cookie (I asked for a biscuit the Australian waitress insisted on giving me a 'cookie'). The tea was lovely, as teas go. The cookie was a little too buttery for my liking and thank heavens the lavender was hardly distinguishable - I'm not a fan of lavender in my food.

Now back back to the drudgery of an afternoon at the office.

London Review Cake Shop

14 Bury Place, London, WC1A 2JL
London Review Cake Shop on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Rafleesia said...

Meet you for tea there after I'm done at the Museum and bookshop ya!