Saturday 20 September 2008

Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Wedges

Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Wedges

How to get a guy happy? Cook him a steak :) Works for Stuart... I got a couple of nice pieces of ribeye steaks (yes, on offer...how did you guess? ;), which I cooked on the griddle pan. It could have probably spent a little more time in the pan, it was a little too rare even for me. Stuart who usually likes his steaks charred black, or thereabouts, bravely ate it as it was - too hungry to wait for me to put it back into the pan. The meat was good enough not to have anything else and to be honest I was too lazy to make anything else :D

I also made some sweet potato wedges, which we both love. I remember the sweet potatoes of my childhood - boiled in ginger syrup...erghhhhhh! It wasn't until I was in university when a flatmate suggested I chucked a few in the oven that I learned to appreciate the sweet potato. I like them in wedges or cut into large chunks even more, allowing the edges to crisp up and caramelize...yum! I didn't forget the veg, we had a green salad. Nothing exciting - lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes.

No comments: